Information For Authors
Information for Authors
The journal invites the submission of papers for publication in English. All articles are subjected to peer review. We welcome the following types of non-published medical articles for consideration: original research, audits, policies, reviews, case series, case reports, opinions, and letters to the editor on recently published articles. Book reviews and editorials are solicited by the editors; unsolicited book reviews and editorials will be returned without consideration.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Kindly read the guidelines below, then visit our submission site to upload your manuscript. Please note that manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines will be returned. Remember, you can log in to the submission site at any time to check on the progress of your paper through the peer review process.
Manuscripts and Letters to the Editor must be submitted online through our electronic manuscript submission websites. The websites are accessible 24 hours a day. The receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged. Submission of a manuscript will be held to imply that the work reported is original, that the results have not been previously published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and if accepted, will not be published elsewhere. Manuscripts should be neatly typed in Times New Roman, 12.
The format of the typescript should be as follows:
- Cover letter: While submitting the manuscript, the corresponding author (on behalf of all the authors) should declare that the manuscript is original and is not published or communicated for publication elsewhere, either in part or in full. Without the declaration, the manuscript will not be considered for publication.
- Title Page: To include the names, affiliations, and emails of all authors. ARTICLE TYPE (e.g., original research, case report, perspective); ARTICLE TITLE; NAMES OF THE AUTHORS (first name, followed by second name (or initial) and surname); AFFLIATIONS (e.g., 1Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Lagos State University, and Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. 2Department of Surgery, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria); Running Title (e.g., Aircraft Crash Fatality and Injury Pattern); Key Words (3-5 keywords); Declaration of Interest (e.g., The authors report no conflict of interest); CORRESPONDENCE AUTHOR (name, address, email/phone number)
- ABSTRACT: All articles should be provided with an abstract not exceeding 250–350 words. It should be structured and written in simple language and should highlight the background, methodology, results, and conclusions. All abbreviations should be avoided and, if used, explained at least once. The abstract should be written in the same language as the text. No literature should be cited.
- Main Manual: ACS adheres to the American Medical Association's (AMA) Manual of Style. Each text reference should be cited in the text, figures, tables, or boxes in consecutive numerical order by means of superscript Arabic numerals.
Introduction. 4b. Patients (Materials) and Methods: To include background information on the study area, study design, study population, eligibility criteria, inclusion criteria, study duration, sample size determination, sampling techniques, survey instruments, data management, and ethical considerations.
4g. Declarations’ Section: Declarations" section in your manuscript file should be BEFORE the reference list. This should be made up of the following declaration statements, all of which should have clear headings: *Funding, *Conflicts of interest/competing interests, *Availability of data and material, *Code availability, *Authors' contributions, *Ethics approval, *Consent to participate, *Consent for publication.
4h. References: These should be numbered consecutively in the order in which they are cited in the text. Cite in the text the appropriate Arabic number, e.g., 1, 2, 3, and the numbers should be superscripted. If you are citing an online article, you should include the day and month of publication as well in the format of month, day, and year. Parenthetical citations should only be used for items that do not appear in the references list, such as unpublished material, personal communications, and news articles. These citations may or may not include a title or author, but should include page numbers and, if possible, a DOI or URL.
- Referencing within text: The QT interval is a measure of the time between the commencement of ventricular depolarization and the completion of ventricular repolarization.1,2
- Idowu OE, Osuoji RI, Coker RA. Forbus raphe immunohistochemistry in newborns and adults. Ann Clin Sciences. 2016;1(2):12-18.
- Hansen PM, Peters DH, Viswanathan K, Rao KD, Mashkoor A, Burnham GA et al. Client perceptions of the quality of primary care services in Afghanistan. Int J Qual Health Care.2008;20:384-389
- Books: Ikuerowo SO, Jewo LT. The theory and practice of immunisation. 3rd ed. Oxford: Verge Publishing House; 2016. p. 182-184.
- Chapters in Books: Odusanya O O. Hepatitis. In Liver Diseases: Principles and Practice, Ogun OO. (ed). Oxford University Press: Oxford; 1-34.
- Tables: Charts and tables should be in MS Excel or MS Word and should be numbered sequentially as they appear, i.e., Table 1, Table 2, etc., and a caption should appear directly above each table. Avoid the use of vertical lines.
- Figures: The images should be in JPG format using maximum possible high resolution and should be numbered sequentially as they appear, i.e., Figure 1, Figure 2, etc., and a caption should appear directly below each figure. Appropriate symbols should be used on graphs and explained in the legends.
- The maximum combined number of tables and figures is 10.
- NB: Proofreading is solely the authors' responsibility. All papers are refereed, and the editor reserves the right to refuse any manuscript, whether on invitation or otherwise, and to make suggestions and/or modifications before publication.
- Electronic Submission: Papers should be submitted in electronic form online by visiting the site https://acsjournal.lasucom.edu.ng/index.php/acs/login
- EDITORIAL POLICY/STATEMENTS: Statements and opinions herein expressed in the articles, communications, and advertisements are those of the authors or advertisers and not necessarily those of the editor or publisher. The Editor and Publisher disclaim any responsibility or liability for such materials and do not guarantee, warrant, or endorse any product or service of such products.
- Publication Charges: Authors within Nigeria: N45,000.00 (N30,000.00 for subscribers); Foreign Authors: $150.00; Business Manager: Mr. A. O. Amos, Phone: 08035812590
- CONTACT: Annals of Clinical Sciences; Editor-in-Chief:Olufemi Idowu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: No. 1-5 Oba Akinjobi Street, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Publisher: Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Lagos State University College of Medicine; email@example.com